Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Homemade Laundry Detergent/Fabric Softner/Oxy Clean

 After hearing of friends having success with homemade laundry products I thought I would try my hand at them... I started with this home made fabric softner recipe that you can use in washing machine or the way I use mine which I will explain a little further down. 
I found my recipe via Pinterest http://thefrugalgirls.com/2010/10/homemade-fabric-softener.html.
This is a fabulous blog with lots of ways to save money. They even suggest using coupons to get the conditioner for pennies or even free. I am not much a couponer myself, I am just not organized enough. 
This recipe was relatively easy.. so here it goes.... I strongly suggest using hot water or the conditioner will not dissolve. I put all my ingredients in a large jar and stirred then put the lid on and shook it for all I was worth. I have been using this for about a week now and I have to say the thing I miss is the smell. I think I will try using some of the new scent boosters out there.. since I am saving so much on these laundry products. I would say this costly me roughly 50 cents to make maybe even less. I do laundry almost every day so over time this will add to BIG savings. Maybe I will be able to get a new washer and dryer some day! I have been using this by soaking wash cloths in the mix and adding them to the dryer.. which I might add is a tad messy..

No comments:

Post a Comment