Sunday, July 8, 2012

Mommy and Me Journals

Yet again I have found another pinterest project using my favorite scrapbook papers.. I had some leftover from my iPhone covers so in searching I found this idea http://howtonestforless.com/2012/06/14/scrapbook-paper-covered-journal/ So I went and bought some notebooks, ribbon and glue sticks at Dollar tree... 
I changed my journal a bit, the author of the blog where I found this idea used fabric and mod podge... I elected to just use paper and glue. I traced the notebook onto the paper and them cut the paper to size. I then used the glue stick to attach paper to note book.
Once I had the paper attached to the note book I added a ribbon.. I simply threaded it through the spiral of the notebook tied it to keep it secure then tied the ribbon in a bow. Easy Peasey! I think they turned out great and I think I will make more for gifts in the future.
So here is my finished product 
I love how they turned out. I plan on giving one to each of my daughters. We can exchange them back and forth and write our dreams, wishes, and whatever else comes to mind... I think this is going to make a wonderful keepsake in years to come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment